For those despairing the choice of Ben Affleck as the next Batman, it could always be worse. I'll watch Argo again to try to see if I can imagine him wearing the cowl.
September is shaping up to quite a month for releases. The Clash, Horrible Crowes, Far, Rise Against and Nirvana all have releases or reissues set for next month.
September will also have shows from the Gaslight Anthem and True Widow in the Tri-State. A good time will be had by all.
And speaking of the Gaslight Anthem the short film they worked on is now streaming on the youtubes. Every Word Handwritten follows the journey of a single record as it is transferred from owner to owner over the years.
Flight of the Conchords will be in town on Friday with Dave Chapelle. Guts will be busted.
My recent Dischord order came in the mail today. In the near future we will roll out The Julie Ruin, Roomrunner, Bells and a Jawbox reissue. It will be a good weekend for the ears.
Handsome's self-titled LP will finally be getting a vinyl pressing after about 15 years. Shop Radio Cast will be handling the pressing duties. There will be a few different colors and it comes with a bonus 7" that has two tracks that were not previously available in the U.S. Giddy with anticipation am I.
Someone was kind enough to post Greg Graffin's long out of print solo effort American Lesion in a streaming format. That record is a missing chapter for most Bad Religion fans. There are a few audio issues with it but it's better than nothing. Once I turn it into mp3s we will certainly get into that.
As we are approaching the last Saturday of the month, be sure to head over to Mind Cure Records for the August single of the month. I'm not sure who the band is but does it really matter?
For those who may be interested, Marc Maron has interviewed a rather interesting group of musicians of late. He sat down with Iggy Pop, Nick Cave and Meynard James Keenan recently on his WTF podcast. Go here to check it out: WTF.
The Marnie Stern track on the program can be found here. It's a free download from Cartoon Network's Adult Swim Singles Program.
As a reminder, VUM is trying to raise funds to press their new album on vinyl. Go here if you're interested in helping them out:
I finally saw Sharknado. It was funny but it was no Sharktopus.
And maybe next year MTV will rename the VMA's The Talentless Cunt Awards. NSync was being celebrated? What the fuck? As always, Bill Hicks was right. The human race is a virus with shoes.
Until next time.
Thanks for listening.
Here's the download link:
Out of Step Music Hour Episode 46
Here's the playlist:
1. Slayer~War Zone~God Hates Us All
2. The Kinks~Everybody's Gonna Be Happy~High Fidelity Soundtrack
3. Bad Brains~How Low Can A Punk Get?~Banned In D.C.
4. La Sera~Please Be My Third Eye~Sees The Light
5. Beastie Boys~The Cousin Of Death~The Mix Up
6. Carousel~On My Way~Mind Cure July 2013
7. Horrible Crowes~Blood Loss~Elsie
8. Minutemen~Shit You Hear At Parties~Post-Mersh Vol. 3
9. The Ghost~A New Trick For The Old Dog~This Is A Hospital
10. Caustic Christ~Blank Stare~Can't Relate
11. Two Ton Boa~Have Mercy~Two Ton Boa
12. Gorilla Biscuits~Stand Still~Start Today
13. Brian Eno~Driving Me Backwards~Here Come The Warm Jets
15. Bikini Kill~I Hate Danger~The Singles
16. The Clash~Revolution Rock~London Calling
17. Mass Appeal~Rat In A Hole~Nobody Likes A Thinker
18. The Ramones~Cretin Hop~Rocket To Russia
19. Veruca Salt~Get Back~American Thighs
20. Artificial Peace~Artificial Peace~Complete Session, Nov. 81
21. Hot Water Music~Old Rules~A Flight And A Crash
22. Pissed Jeans~Pleasure Race~King Of Jeans
23. Jawbreaker~Condition Oakland~24 Hour Revenge Therapy
24. Marnie Stern~This Was It~Adult Swim Singles Program 2013
25. Nirvana~Radio Friendly Unit Shifter~In Utero